guilty pleasure (noun) :
– Something that you shouldn’t like, but like anyway.
– Something that you love to do, but you just cannot admit that you do it.
– To describe a certain substance or activity a person enjoys, and often practices, while said person morally believed or is informed that the substance or activity is abnormal, improper or incorrect.
– Keeping a secret collection of ABBA and Carpenters and listening to their albums when no one else is around.
– A usually secretive, sick and twisted activity/hobby that someone does, that KNOWS they shouldn’t and feel downright ashamed for. Sadly, we all have them, including me.
Guilty pleasures are normal. They are super embarrassing, but normal. Everyone has them, and everyone talks about them (to close friends, of course), but something about certain music, television shows, movies, etc is just so alluring and seductive that no one can seem to escape their sticky fingers. The best part about guilty pleasures, though, is gossiping about them. Because the one thing that everyone loves more than they love puppies is talking about themselves, I went on a mission to discover my friends’ true identities in terms of their guilty pleasures. I set my main focus as TV (although I had one friend who picked a movie because he “doesn’t watch TV”) and dug up some pretty satisfying dirt. From Bridezillas to Dungeons & Dragons, I, and now you, know the truth about who my friends really are.
These are their stories.